Inyo County Local Transportation Commission Mount Whitney on right and clearing storm

Minutes

Regional Transportation
Plan

Overall Work Program

Regional Transportation Improvement Program

Grant Information

Public Transit

Unmet Transit Needs

Collaborative Bikeways Plan

Links

Relevant Documents and Studies

Assembly Bill 628 Implementation Update

List of Acronyms

Interactive Mapping (GIS)

Contact Information

____________

Inyo County Home 

Link to Inyo County Site

 

City of Bishop Home

Link to City of Bishop

Disclaimer

 

Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP)

 

Overview Coso Range petroglyphs

The RTIP is a list of proposed transportation projects submitted to the California Transportation Commission (CTC) by Regional Transportation Planning Agencies (such as the Inyo County LTC) for state funding. The RTIP has a 5-year timeframe and is updated every two years by the CTC. The RTIP identifies projects identified by the Inyo County LTC that are submitted to the CTC to be included as part of the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The Inyo County LTC works cooperatively with the Caltrans District 9 Office and regional planning partners to identify capital projects for inclusion in the RTIP. The RTIP is the largest source of capital funding for transportation improvement projects in Inyo County.

STIP funds originate from the State Highway Account. The State Highway Account is divided where 25% goes to projects identified by Caltrans as part of the Interregional Transportation Improvement Program while the other 75% goes to projects identified by the Regional Transportation Planning Agencies and approved by the CTC. This funding is further subdivided with 60% going to the south half of the state and 40% going to the north half of the state (Inyo County LTC is considered to be in the south half). The STIP share is then calculated based on the Counties population (75%) and state highway mileage (25%). Other types of funds incorporated in the STIP include the Transportation Investment Fund (TIF), funding from bond measures, and Public Transportation Account (PTA) funds.

2014 RTIP and STIP

The fund estimate and guidelines for the 2014 STIP were adopted by the CTC August 6, 2013. The schedule for the 2014 STIP can be viewed here. The statewide capacity for the 2014 STIP fund estimate identified new capacity available for the two years added to the STIP, 2017-18 and 2018-19. The Inyo County LTC, the Mono County LTC, Kern Council of Governments, and Caltrans entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to jointly sponsor and fund certain highway improvement projects along U.S. Highway 395 and State Route 14. The major element for this year's RTIP is the programming of the construction component of the Olancha-Cartago four-lane project on US 395. Alternative Transportation Program projects (formerly part of the Transportation Enhancement (TE) program) are no longer part of the STIP.

 

The following priorities were used in the development of the 2014 RTIP - 1) Program funds toward MOU projects and 2) Complete local street and road projects programmed in the 2012 STIP (including TE project). The proposed programming will, if accepted by the State as part of the STIP, give the LTC a negative share balance. 

 

The California Transportation Commission will consider the 2014 STIP at a north state hearing on January 30, 2014 and a south state hearing on February 4, 2014. CTC staff will release the 2014 STIP staff recommendation on or prior to February 27, 2014 and will consider approval of the 2014 RTIP on March 19, 2014. To view the current programming (projects programmed in the 2012 STIP, view the STIP Orange Book. The Orange Book, listed by County, shows all of the projects currently programmed in the STIP and breaks down the projects by program years and cost amounts by project component.  

 

2014 RTIP
State Highway Spreadsheet
Local Streets and Roads Spreadsheet
RTIP Evaluation

If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, please call (760) 878-0207 or send LTC staff an e-mail message.

Copyright 2013 Inyo County Local Transportation Commission